Field Office Information
Interrupted Services and Closure Information
- The San Bernardino field office is currently closed. The hours for the Rancho Cucamonga, Redlands, Riverside, Riverside East, Fontana, and Norco field offices will be modified. The hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Wednesdays 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The Escondido field office closed permanently May 10, 2013. The hours for the Oceanside, Poway, and Temecula field offices will be modified. The hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Wednesdays 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The Shafter field office closed May 31, 2013. The office is scheduled to reopen at the beginning of September 2013. Alternative offices: Bakersfield, and Delano.
- The Roseville field office closed June 6, 2013.The office is scheduled to reopen at the end of June 2013 at their new location on 7200 Galilee Road Roseville, CA 95678. Alternative offices: Rocklin, Sacramento, Carmichael, and Folsom.
- The Jackson field office will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 21, 2013. The office is scheduled to reopen mid-September 2013. Alternative offices: Placerville and Folsom.
- The Victorville field office will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 5, 2013. The office is scheduled to reopen at the end of July, 2013 at their new location on 14855 Corta Drive, Victorville, CA 92395. Alternative office: Barstow.
Please return to this page for future field office closure information. You may also use your browser to bookmark this page.
To find out on which holidays DMV offices will be closed, check "Holidays DMV Will Be Observing"
The maps to field offices are provided by "Google Maps." The products and services advertised are not promoted or endorsed by DMV.
DMV Public Offices
Services provided by DMV offices include Vehicle Registration, Driver License and Identification (ID) Card Processing. You may use the regional maps to locate a field office by region.
For faster service, make an Appointment(s) online, or by calling 1- 800-777-0133 before you visit a DMV office.
To schedule a driving test appointment, you must call 1-800-777-0133 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm PST and speak to a DMV representative.
ATM/Debit cards are now accepted at all DMV offices.
Commercial Driving Test Offices
Certain DMV Offices are able to give the commercial driver license (CDL) driving test. Here is a link to a list of those offices: Commercial Driving Test Offices.
Driver Safety Offices
There are currently twelve DMV Driver Safety Offices located throughout the state for those drivers requesting administrative hearings or scheduled for departmental re-examinations. Click on this link for information, locations and hours for DMV Driver Safety Offices.
The Department of Motor Vehicles provides services to business license applicants from 19 Occupational Licensing Inspector Offices located throughout California. Inspectors are frequently away from their offices performing field duties, so please call ahead for an appointment.
The DMV Investigations Division Offices protect the programs and interests of the department and public through active fraud/counterfeit detection, investigation, audit and enforcement services. Click on this link for information on DMV Investigations Offices.
The DMV Service Centers co-locate industry services to better serve the needs of industry customers.